Somehow your summer vacation is too short and puts those famous ports just out of reach. You have worked hard and the adventure of reaching those ports would sure fill your “Summer Bucket List”. We have an affordable solution. I would like to return your yacht or sailboat to your home port for free.
I am currently working on my USCG Captains License and cannot charge a fee for deliveries. The USCG License has many requirements, and my current chellenge is to fill 90 days on the water in the last three years. So read my resume, and if my skills fit your requirements, then email me at john.weller@AfrayedKnotSailing.com and lets review your specific timing and requirements to see if we have a fit.
- Age 46 and physically fit, with three children, and wife that is ASA certified for 101, 103, and 104.
- ASA Certified Instructor – level 201, 203, & 204.
- Boating and sailing 20-30 days a year since age 13, including fishing boats, sailboats, and cruisers.
- Regular crew on a 35 ft racing J/35, on Lake Macatawa, Holland, MI, every Wednesday night.
- Chartered sailboats in British Virgin Islands, Lake Michigan, Lake Macatawa, and Lake Charlevoix.
- Full-time IT Auditor and hold the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), and ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA).
- My professional work requires me to review risks and controls all day long. Sailing, navigation, boat hardware, and weather offer a complete set of risks that require constant risk management every step of the way.