We like to sail evenings after work. Of course, the weekends are the best with the increased window of time.
What to Bring:
- Hors d’oeuvre, appetizers, and finger foods.
Avoid salsa because it always drips!
- Beverages to share: Wine, micro brew beer, n/a, or fine bourbon
- Clothing: Each tack can offer varying warmth or chill, and the water temps affect the temperature. So bring warm coat or wind breaker and layers, shorts if over 70, and we will try to avoid the rain as best possible.
- Shoes: Tennis shoes, deck shoes, keens are fine, and some sandles.
Avoid open toe shoes.
- If over 80 degrees, then bring a swim suit so we can play shark bait!
When do we cancel:
- If lightning and thunder are imminent, but cloudy is fine.
- Winds under 6 knots is too slow and winds greater 22 knots are uncomfortable to sail.