IT Security by day, sailor by weekend!
- USCG Licensed Captain since 2012
- American Sailing Association member since 2007 and
certified instructor for Basic Keelboat 101, Coastal Cruising 103, and Charter boat 104
- Regular crew on BlackBeard S2 7.9 racing sailboat on Lake Macatawa, Holland, MI
- Bay Shore Race Committee volunteer since 2009
- Chartered sailboats in the British Virgin Islands and Lake Michigan
- Boating, sailing, sailboat racing since youth
My professional work requires me to review risks and controls all day long. Sailing, boat hardware, navigation, and weather offer a full plate of risks that require constant risk mitigation every step of the way, so stay alerted and keep a good look out!
Captain John (a.k.a. intentional Drifter)